3 Resignations = 3 Empty Seats
They say things come in threes…
We’ve had 3 resignations from the ERNC board in the past month, and as sad as we are to see some wonderful board members leave, we’re excited about getting more thoughtful, motivated, and dedicated Eagle Rockers on the ERNC.
First, a big thank-you to Michael Larsen, Dr. Jose Posada, and Ethan Weiss, our “retiring” board members, who have all served Eagle Rock so very well. If you haven’t been paying attention to what the ERNC has been accomplishing over the past year, take a look around you: Our safer neighborhoods, human-friendly street improvements, up-and-coming public schools, new unique shops and restaurants, and traditional, small-town-in the-big-city feel have all been improved and protected by your ERNC, and these three board members played a big part in it.
Here are the 3 openings, and the general qualifications needed to apply for the seat:
Public Safety Director – Any Eagle Rock stakeholder, as defined in our current bylaws. In addition to the requirements laid out in our bylaws, the Public Safety director is expected to attend monthly Eagle Rock Neighborhood Watch meetings, give a report at each ERNC meeting, and maintain a good working relationship with our Senior Lead Officer.
Sub-District 6 Director – An Eagle Rock stakeholder who lives, works, or is significantly involved in Sub-District 6, as defined in our current bylaws. Sub-District directors are expected to serve their Sub-District, by holding stakeholder meetings, and being a point person for residents’ concerns.
Past President/General Stakeholder – Any Eagle Rock stakeholder, as defined in our current bylaws. Because our Past President has resigned, we have an open voting seat; since we are required by our bylaws to have 19 voting members and a quorum of 10, the Past President will be replaced with an Eagle Rock stakeholder, who will serve as a general member of the board. Whomever fills this seat will not be on the Executive Committee of the ERNC.
Some important notes:
- The requirements and deadlines for applying for these 3 seats are available on our website, www.eaglerockcouncil.org. You must visit the website, and follow the instructions there carefully.
- To be considered at our Sept. 3 board meeting, you must apply by Tuesday, August 27 at 5:00 pm. No incomplete or late applications will be accepted. If there are any empty seats after our Sept. 3 meeting, we will invite another round of applicants.
- Please note that the current ERNC will appoint all new board members — this is not an election. It’s possible that only some or no seats will be filled, if there are not enough satisfactory applicants.
- You will be asked a lot of tough – but fair – questions at the meeting when we vote on your candidacy. Even if you’re the only one who’s applied for the seat. No free passes!
- All 3 seats above will be up for re-election in Spring of 2014 (along with the rest of the ERNC).